Sacrament of First Confession
Dear Parents/Guardians of 3rd Class Pupils who will be receiving the Sacraments of First Confession and First Communion,
Fr. George has asked me to write to you with arrangements that he has put in place for the children's First Confession.
Time and Date:
The children from our school will receive the Sacrament of Confession this Friday evening, the 24th September in the Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Huntstown.
The times are:
Ms. Traver's Class: 5.00p.m.
Ms. McKeown’s Class: 5.15p.m.
Mr. McGeough’s Class: 5.30p.m.
Ms. Goodwin’s Class: 5.45p.m.
- Given current COVID-19 concerns, there will not be any formal group ceremony on the evening. Instead, the children will receive the Sacrament individually from Fr. George or Fr. John.
- Children and parents/guardians enter the church through the main church entrance.
- Parents/guardians should wear a face mask in the church.
- On arrival the children will be directed to line up along the aisle of the church with their parent(s)/guardian(s) (children and parents/guardians will not need to take a seat in the church).
- When you reach the top of the line at the altar, your son/daughter will receive the Sacrament from Fr. George or Fr. John on the altar, whilst you wait at the top of the aisle.
- Once your son/daughter receives the Sacrament we ask you to then exit the church via the side exit, not the main entrance.
- Members of the parish team will be on hand to assist children and parents/guardians lining up and directing children and parents/guardians to the side exit.
- Only parent(s)/guardian(s) should accompany their child to the Confessions- parents are asked not to bring other family members.
- Throughout the week, teachers will practise the First Confession format with the children so they will be familiar with the format on the day and will have the confidence to receive the Sacrament of First Confession.